B T Morgan Heating Engineers is committed to protecting, safeguarding and respecting your privacy.
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data. That’s why we have developed this Privacy Notice which:
- Sets out the types of personal data that we collect
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- Explains when and why we will share your personal data with any other organisations
- Explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
- Explains when your data will be used for any marketing purpose
- Explains where we store your personal data
As of the 25th May 2018, legislation governing the handling of personal data changes and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy applies to our website and internal data that we hold. If you leave our website via link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we use and where we get if from
When you buy a product or service through us, we’ll collect some of your personal details to ensure we have everything we need to for us to provide installation boiler services (from quotes to invoice and completion), service and repairs. Most of your information will have been provided by you or created through your use of our products and services. We also collect information from third party representatives, who you have already given permission for your information to be provided to us (such as lead providers). We will only use this information for administering your contract and to support the delivery of the service or products you have asked for.
Examples of some of the information we usually collect are:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Payment details i.e. Debit/Credit Card
- Details of any additional authorised parties who can manage your requirements on your behalf
- Property details, to also include photographs of the property externally and internally. For example – Property type, construction, existing boiler system including radiators, roof type, flue location and bathrooms.
- Ownership confirmation or landlord details for correspondence
- I.P address for your device (if visiting our website)
The information requested during the application process whether it is online via our website, telephone, email or third party (lead providers). Is required to complete the sale of the product/service on offer and forms part of your contract with us. Unless otherwise stated, the information you provide will never be used for any other purpose without your permission. If any data is missing from the application or is incorrect, we may not be able to process your requirements.
Using and sharing information provided by third parties
We sometimes use data from third parties such lead providers, who will provide us with your personal details and the product that you are looking for, where you have already given permission for us to use by means of contact, to promote our services.
We do not give your data to any third party for marketing purposes. However, on occasion and in addition to the above, we may pass your information to a number of third parties for the following reasons:
- To deliver services that you have asked for, which might include giving information to members of your family, household, or other people who have an interest in the property for instance landlords/ letting agency or solicitors.
- For legal or regulatory purposes including fraud prevention
- If we buy or sell any business or company assets
- To register building regulation or such warranties
How we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our CRM (Customer Relationships Management) system which is password protected. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
How long we will keep your information
We do not keep your information for longer than we need to, which is usually up to six years. However, unless we are required to keep it for longer (for example if we are still providing you with a service or investigation by law enforcement agencies or regulators)
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You have the right to access information we hold about you – £10 admin fee will be charged for requests that are unfounded or excessive. However, before we disclose this information we may require proof of your identity. Once we have received this, we will send you a copy of this personal information we hold within 30 days.
- The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
- The right to have your information erased – In some circumstances where you have had an installation, or other services provided by ourselves we may advise you of the data that will be lost (for example: Installation dates, copies of a warranty, service data, building regulations, pictures of boiler and property criteria).
- The right to complain – If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any procedures set out in it please contact our office on 02920 650025. You also have the right to raise concerns with the commissioner’s office on 03031231113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
You may contact us to exercise your right and we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
Unless you have told us not to, from time to time we may send you marketing emails relating to products or services that we feel may be beneficial to you. Please contact us via email [email protected] if you have any queries or would like to no longer receive these emails.
General Enquiries/Data Controller
B T Morgan Heating Engineers
55 Pantmawr Road
Tel: 02920 650025
Email: [email protected]